There is a common misconception that the best time to sell a home is during the Spring and Summer seasons. And although the weather may be generally better in some areas, holiday home selling has several pros that can get your home sold quickly and for more money.
Benefits for Selling Your Home During the Holidays
- Less Competition – As stated before, many people are thinking that they should hold off until the Spring or Summer for motivated buyers. Some also may still want to host one last holiday before moving on to their new residence or deal with the hassle of the home selling process during an already hectic time of year. What they don’t realize is that less home inventory means more interested buyers seeing your home.
- Motivated Buyers – There will be a number of interested home buyers that have a deadline to find the right home during the holiday season. Some may be relocating for a new job in the new year, or are doing it for tax purposes, however, whomever is taking time out of their holiday schedule to look at homes are highly motivated a near a stage that will get them into a contract.
- Emotional Connection of Buyers – We all know that part of the home buying experience is the emotional connection the potential buyer has with a home. So what better time to induce a nostalgic, warm and fuzzy feeling than a time of year that represents family, home, and love. Not to mention, your home will look great with the holiday decorations that anyone can picture themselves living in.
Tips for Holiday Home Selling
- Be sure to decorate the home for the season, but don’t go overboard. Homes often look best during the holidays, however you don’t want to use decorations that are too large, clutter the home or hide some of the best features. Also, try not to ostracize your buyers by opting for more general fall/winter decorations, instead of traditional religious themes.
- Hire a reliable real estate agent who will not disappear on you during the holidays and have the flexibility to meet with potential buyers during this time. Work with your agent to be sure that you are pricing your home to sell and target buyers that are on a deadline.
- Curb appeal is even more important during this time of year as fallen bare trees can expose the flaws with the exterior of the home. Be sure to touch up the paint, clean the gutters, and keep the yard looking tidy.
- Keep in mind the safety of your home buyers. The last thing you want is to associate your home with an injury in the eyes of a potential buyer. Be sure that walkways and stairs are free of snow and ice and any railings are secure.
- Give your potential buyers a cozy place out of the cold. Keep the home warm, have low, classical music playing, and offer holiday treats to nibble on as they explore your home.
Contact Tony for More Tips for Holiday Home Selling
Contact Tony Raffin today to get started with the home selling process or to have any questions answered.